How to format the USB with Z8 Pro, CC, Z8, Z Alpha, Z+ Neo
How to format your USB in preparation for recording and local timeshift in MYTVOnline2.
📝Applicable models : ✅Z8 Pro ✅CC ✅Z8 ✅Z Alpha ✅Z+ Neo
- Before you get started, please make sure to save important data from the USB to another storage before formatting.
- Please disconnect other USB accessories you have connected to your Formuler device.
- Formuler Boxes support following format: FAT32, NTFS, exFAT
💡 Use the Formuler device to format the USB
- Plug the USB stick into your Formuler device and restart the box so that the box can initialize and recognize the USB correctly
- Go to Home > Settings > Storage & Reset > the USB drive > Erase & format as removable storage > Start the format
- Keep your device connected and wait for a progress bar to appear and complete
- When the formatting process is completed, "the USB drive is formatted" message is shown.
💡 Use the PC to format the USB as NTFS or exFAT
⚡ How to format the USB on Windows 10
⚡ How to format the USB on a MAC
💬 Format description.
- FAT32: compatible with Mac and Windows. A FAT32 partition can reach 2TB when formatted on a Mac. The individual file size is limited to 4GB. FAT32 can affect your hard drive’s performance.
- NTFS: is the native file system for Windows, volumes created in NTFS are read and write with computers running Windows. Earlier versions of Mac OS X 10.5 or higher may read and write to the NTFS partitions with the help of third-party drivers. There are two formats for NTFS, MBR and GPT. The maximum volume size for MBR is 2TB while the more recent GPT format does not assign limits to file or partition sizes.
- exFAT: compatible with Mac and Windows. exFAT is used as an alternative to FAT32 since it does not share the same limitations. It is therefore an excellent cross-platform file system.
IF this doesn't answer your doubts or you want to search for more information,
Please take a look at threads in our forum FORMULER FORUM Or click TAGS on the right side of this page.